Plastic is an amazing invention that has changed our lives, and at the same time, mishandled plastic waste has had enormous negative consequences on our environment and health.
The challenge is not to eliminate plastic from our lives, because it is impossible to do so, but to find ways of reducing the pollution it causes.
Being proponents of the reduce, reuse and recycle concept, we have been constantly working on methods and technologies to enable maximum resource use efficiency in our customer plants. Our sustainability program initiatives include:
- • We have been running our own recycling plant for over 25 years. We offer to recycle and reuse our customers’ waste plastic and ink.
- • We have put energy use and sustainability on the agenda and constantly review our efforts in regular discussions with stakeholders.
- • We work with the Central Environment Authority in support of a sustainable framework for the handling of plastic products, waste and composting.
- • Supporting of extended producer responsibility methodologies.
- • Promoting products that encourage the use of higher recycled content.
- • Offering to customers more recycled products than ever before.
- • Use of mineral fillers which actually make the resultant products more eco-friendly .
- • Promote bioplastic initiatives that will help products to compost much faster.
- • Reduce our own energy footprint by applying ISO 14001 and 50001 with continuous efforts to improve year on year.
- • Using solar power generation that captures our entire organisation’s energy requirements, from electricity power to fuel used in distribution.
- • By offering certain industries with tech support to promote products that reduce the consumption of plastics and still offer sufficient performance for practical use.